Saturday, January 18, 2014

Saturday, Jan. 18

I had just drifted off to sleep last night, when Hubbie hopped up, ran around the bed, grabbed the TV remote and began fiddling with it in the dark.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Turning the TV off," he said.

"It's already off," I said. "I set the timer, so it turned itself off about 30 minutes ago."

"Well, there was some sort of red light on it," he insisted.

"You probably hit some other function on the remote," I said. "I'll have to check it tomorrow."

Satisfied, he stumbled back to bed.

After that, I slept fine for the rest of the night, and got up around 7:30 this morning. Did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house around 9:30, as usual, and she went to her puzzle.

I noticed she was having difficulty completing the border, so before I went upstairs to shower and dress, I sat down and helped her with it. After that, she was able to work on it just fine.

Once I was ready for the day, I didn't accomplish anything before noon. Mother opted for her usual Ramen noodle soup for lunch, while Hubbie and I had pancakes leftover from last night.

Afterward, Mother returned to her puzzle, Hubbie met a haircut appointment (with my hairdresser), and I read my John Grisham novel.

When Hubbie returned, we ran errands...to the WDCS for groceries, to a grocery store to pick up items we couldn't get at the WDCS, and to a gas station. Back home, we watched our favorite college basketball team as they played to a disappointing loss.

Later, for supper, we had individual boxed pizzas. We'd bought two of them, after we got one free a couple of weeks ago on the Friday free-item day at a grocery store. We had salad and cottage cheese with the meal. It was an okay supper, but not something we'd make a habit of having.

Afterward, I thought about going downtown for a $2 movie at the old theater..."Hunger Games: Catching Fire"..., but since both Mother and Hubbie were snoozing, and didn't wake up until close to showtime, I abandoned the idea. When Mother woke up, Hubbie accompanied her home, and then he and I watched episodes of "The Tudors."

0 comments: