Sunday, January 26, 2014

Saturday, Jan. 25

Today is Great-Grandson's 18th birthday! Happy Birthday, Great-Grandson!

We were up around 7:30, and I did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast. Meanwhile, Hubbie and Sis went to the auto repair shop so she could retrieve her belongings from it, since she was told that the truck was not worth repairing, and she would be better off searching for another vehicle.

Since we didn't have anything special planned for today, we decided to watch episodes of the Hallmark Channel series, "When Calls the Heart."

For lunch, Sis and I finished the leftover lasagna, Hubbie ate steak and potatoes leftover from the restaurant last night, and Mother had her usual Ramen noodle soup.

Afterward, Sis and I exchanged birthday gifts...she gave me a jar of homemade pineapple preserves, a loaf of her homemade bread, a pair of yellow fuzzy footies, and several notepads. I gave her a pair of Cuddl Duds undies, and a tube of Victoria's Secret hand cream. Earlier I'd given her a cookbook compiled by a group at a tourist town in our state. Mother gave Sis a gift card to Sis's favorite farm store.

I strained my brain today trying to think of what we might have for supper later. Finally, I mentioned to Sis that if I had ground turkey, we could have turkey burgers on buns, if I had buns. We agreed that Hubbie should go to the grocery store and fetch the needed ingredients for this supper idea.

When he returned, he washed potatoes for Mother to split and season for the oven. I melted the butter for the dish, and Mother measured the Parmesan cheese. Later, I put the dish in the oven to bake. Near 5 p.m., I cooked the burgers and topped them with cheese. Served the meal with salad.

Afterward, we played several games of Skipbo. Mother won two games, Hubbie won two games, and Sis won one. Zilch for me. Sis and Mother were ready to go home following the games.

Hubbie and I finished evening watching our favorite college basketball team, as they played to a win...yay!






0 comments: