Saturday, February 1, 2014

Saturday, Feb. 1

First day of a new month. February usually proves to be the most wintry-weather month for our state, and it looks like it's off to a good start, since snow/ice is predicted for tomorrow night, and there are two more winter storms on their way next week. Today was mild, though, if overcast and drizzly.

We slept late, until around 8 a.m., and then dawdled all morning. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house around 10 a.m., and she started a new jigsaw puzzle. Hubbie ran errands...to the grocery store to buy margarine that we forgot to get yesterday during a grocery shopping trip, and to the auto repair shop to pick up Sis's tires. I did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises.

It was noon by this time, so I fixed lunch before I went upstairs to get ready for the day. Mother had her usual Ramen noodle soup, Hubbie had 11-bean soup, and I had a fried egg sandwich.

Afterward, I finally went upstairs. Once I was ready for the day, I sorted a box of items from the bathroom, filling a bag with outdated products to be discarded, and then organizing useable stuff into bathroom vanity drawers. There's more to do, but at least I've made a start. I really need some drawer organizers. A trip to a container store would be nice.

When I had tired of this task, I came downstairs and goofed off reading my John Grisham novel, reading newspapers, and playing on my tablet.

Later, Mother helped me prepare supper. I gathered ingredients, and she layered provolone cheese, sauteed onions/peppers/mushrooms, canned diced tomatoes, and shredded Monterey Jack cheese on thin bagels. I seasoned the pizzas with garlic, basil, oregano, paprika, pepper, and no-salt seasoning.

While the pizzas baked, we made salads...spring mix lettuce, salad tomatoes, bell pepper, mushrooms, and sweet onion. Served the meal with cottage cheese, salsa and cheese dips, and chips. We all enjoyed this Saturday fun-meal.

Afterward, Hubbie accompanied Mother to her house, and then he and I watched our favorite college basketball team, as they played to another disappointing loss on the road.

Spent the rest of the evening watching a three-part series called, "Klondike," from the Discovery Channel, about the last great gold rush in the Yukon.



0 comments: