Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Tuesday, Jan. 21

Slept well last night, and got up around 7:30. Did stair stepping after breakfast, but skipped resistance bands and weights exercises. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house while I was getting ready for the day.

I didn't accomplish much for the rest of the morning, since I needed to meet a dental appointment at 11 a.m. Left the house shortly after 10:30.

Gad! There was a bitter cold wind today. No amount of clothing can buffer a bone-chilling wind. Fortunately, I didn't have to be out in it long this morning.

My dental appointment went well, and I was done around noon. Most of the hour I spent there was taken up visiting with the hygienist, who is the aunt of the young woman who recently gave birth to triplets. She of course had pictures on her smart phone to show me.

She said that the parents of the babies (both of whom are doctors), currently have a live-in nurse to help with the triplets. Later, when the parents return to work, the nurse will be there four days a week, the grandparents (who are friends of ours) will take care of the babies two days a week, and my hygienist and her mother will serve as babysitters one day a week.

An earlier attempt at in vitro fertilization didn't work, so on the second attempt, two eggs were implanted. This resulted in twins, plus one of the eggs split into two, making for a third baby. This couple had only planned to have one child and no more, so having triplets has been a real test.

But I have no doubt this strong couple can surmount any challenge. They were married only two years, when the husband underwent a heart transplant. I remember this young man when he was a child. I once did a newspaper story on him, featuring his hobby of making fishing flies.

His family also adopted one of the many kittens born at our house. That kitten was very unusual in that it liked to jump in the bathtub with the boy.That might have been because it was part of an orphaned litter...the mama cat was hit and killed by a car. We raised the kittens, which involved bathing them after feedings. So the kittens were used to water.

Back home, Hubbie had heated leftover barbecue/veggie pork chops, rice, and Lima beans for our lunch. After lunch, Mother went to her jigsaw puzzle, and Hubbie and I ran errands.

First, we went to the library to check out seasons three and four of "The Tudors." Then we stopped by the art gallery to pick up Styrofoam containers. Next, we went to the greeting card shop to use my 20% off coupon to buy a baby congratulations card, and Valentines. Lastly, we went to the WDCS for a few groceries.

Back home, I relaxed and caught up on reading Sunday, Monday, and today's newspapers, and worked this week's word search puzzle. Later, I heated leftover split pea soup and bran muffins for supper.

Afterward, Mother stayed around to watch TV. At 9 p.m., she decided she was ready to go home, so Hubbie accompanied her. Then he and I finished the evening watching an episode of "The Tudors."    





 



   

0 comments: