Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Wednesday, Jan. 22

Slept well again last night. Got up at 6 a.m. to get ready for water aerobics. Since it was such a cold morning, Hubbie drove me to the college, and dropped me off near the gym, then came back later to pick me up.

Sixteen of us attended the aerobics session this morning. The water was still cool, but not as bad as it was on Monday. Once I was used to it, it was fine. I left a little earlier today, since I wanted to be sure to be ready when Hubbie came to pick me up. He was already at the curb when I left the gym.

Back home, I warmed up with cups of coffee, while Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house. Once I was ready for the day, I spent the rest of the morning figuring out how to clean my smart phone, since it kept giving me messages that its memory was full.

For lunch, Mother had her usual Ramen noodle soup, while Hubbie and I finished the split pea soup. I had a slice of toasted rye bread with baby Swiss cheese melted on it, and Hubbie opted for a ham sandwich.

Afterward, Mother went to her jigsaw puzzle, Hubbie read a novel on his e-reader, and I altered a greeting card that I bought yesterday to make it suitable for our friends who recently became grandparents of triplets.

The card features a baby bouncing on a spring, so I printed two more copies of the baby, cut them out, made an extra copy of the baby so I could make a template of the outfit, then used the template to make a pink outfit. I placed the two babies...one in green, one in pink...on the inside front part of the card. So now there are three babies in the card, representing the triplets (two boys and a girl).

Spent the rest of the afternoon reading newspapers and doing this and that around the house. Later for supper, we had fast food chili with a baked potato on the side. This was a desperation meal, since I drew a blank on what to have for supper tonight.

After supper, Mother stayed around to watch a movie, and then Hubbie accompanied her home. Hubbie and I spent the rest of the evening watching our favorite college basketball team as they played to another disappointing loss. 











0 comments: