Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Tuesday, Feb. 11

Up at 7:30, and did stair stepping, resistance band, and weights exercises after breakfast. Once I was ready for the day, I didn't accomplish much before noon, except washing the two new pairs of jeans I bought recently. I want to make sure they shrink all they are going to before I hem them. They're several inches too long. I would have bought the jeans in short, but naturally the store here didn't have any.

Hubbie checked on Mother about 9:30. She opted not to come over today, since the path between our houses is a combination of snow/ice and mud.

The snow/ice began melting today, when the sun finally came out, but it still has a long way to go. I decided to take a few snapshots of the snow to upload to my social network page, since the counties south of us, where family live, seem to be clear of snow now.

Weather predictions last night were for a band of snow across the central counties this morning, but it did not materialize. Adults in the family were pleased, but the kids were very unhappy, since they thought they would have another day out of school.

We saw that Mother had lunch...the remainder of the salmon chowder. Hubbie and I had the rest of the leftover spaghetti. Afterward, he diced veggies...carrots, celery, and onions....that I added to chicken broth, along with the leftover rotisserie chicken.

Later, I made a double batch of dumplings that I cooked in the broth. Hubbie peeled potatoes, and I cooked and mashed those. When the meal was done, we took it over to Mother's house. We had the chicken and dumplings and mashed potatoes with black eyed peas and whole kernel corn that Hubbie had taken over to Mother's house earlier and put in the oven to heat.

After supper, I left helpings of the meal in Mother's refrigerator, which she can heat in the microwave while we are gone to a visitation for Hubbie's former son-in-law, who died a few days ago. We have arranged for a neighbor to check on her if for some reason we can't reach her by phone while we're gone.

This evening, we watched the romantic comedy, "Crazy, Stupid, Love," starring Steve Carell, Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone, and Julianne Moore. We borrowed this PG-13 movie from the library. It's a so-so bit of movie romance fluff, with some laugh-out-loud parts.









0 comments: