Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Monday, April 21

Up around 7 a.m., so we could be ready when the cable company guy came to fix our land lines. Skipped my exercises after breakfast, since we expected the guy sometime between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. I didn't want to be caught in my shorts and t-shirt when he got here. Or worse, be in the bathroom upon his arrival.

So once I was dressed, I occupied myself doing a couple of loads of laundry, putting away dishes, etc., from yesterday's Easter Sunday celebration, and other piddling things.

As it happened, I could have exercised, showered, and dressed before the repair guy came, since it was shortly after 10 a.m. when he got here. He worked for about an hour repairing something or other outdoors, and then doing what needed to be done to the phone in the den, and the one in the office.

He kept getting cell phone calls while he worked, and it became apparent that he was getting a bit put out. He explained that he was the only senior repairman on duty today, and that there were several new guys working at different places. Even though these young guys had been trained for the job, they still ran into problems that they didn't know how to handle, and had to call him to walk them through them.

At one point, I heard him say, "No, I can't leave this job right now"! I guess whoever was seeking his advice wanted him to go to where they were to solve a problem. He commented that it takes at least six months to become skilled and confident at the job. So he's run ragged dealing with these young guys, even though he is paid overtime for his efforts.

He finally got our phones working, though, which is selfishly what mattered to me. Glad he was sent to our house, rather than one of those green workers!

Hubbie had accompanied Mother to our house around 9:30, and she started a new jigsaw puzzle...one given to her for her birthday by Daughter and Great-Grandkids.

After lunch, while Mother continued her puzzle, and Hubbie ran errands, I switched out my winter and summer clothes. I'm confident (with crossed fingers) that I'll no longer need turtlenecks shirts and heavy sweaters until next fall.

Later, for supper, we had leftovers from Easter Sunday dinner. Mother stayed around for a while afterward and watched TV with us. At 8:30, we accompanied her home, so I could put drops in her eyes. For a tiny woman with not much strength, she sure can clamp those eyes shut!

Back home, Hubbie and I watched episodes of "Bones." Hubbie picked up seasons four and five at the library today while running errands.

We got about 3/4 inch of rain today, but thankfully no storms. It was cloudy most of the day, though.











0 comments: