Thursday, April 24, 2014

Thursday, April 24

Up around 7:30, and did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house mid-morning.

We didn't accomplish a lot before lunch. Since I didn't have anything on hand that we wanted for lunch, we decided to take advantage of a barbecue lunch at a local tire business. The business offered the lunch, along with goodie bags, an antique car show, and exhibits of a race car and a truck mounted on giant tires, as a customer appreciation event.

Lunch was served at tables under a canopy (in case of rain, which was predicted today). Upon arriving, we noticed that Hubbie's niece and great-niece were taking advantage of the lunch, too. We enjoyed visiting with them.

The lunch was pretty good...barbecue on buns, coleslaw, baked beans, and chips. The goodie bags contained ball caps, key chains, pens, and plastic cups. If we had gotten there sooner, we'd have gotten a tote filled with goodies. But as it was, they ran out of totes, so our stuff was in plastic bags. Oh well, I must have a hundred totes already...didn't need another one.

Once we had registered for the $500 door prize, we left and came back home. But then I decided I wanted to grab my camera and go back to the tire business to snap a few photos. Mother opted to stay home, so Hubbie and I went back to the business.

After I got the shots I wanted, we went to the newspaper to drop off the word search puzzle contest; to a grocery store to pick up a few items; and to a roadside market to pick up four quarts of this season's strawberries.

At home, I grazed on berries, and then Mother and I began supper preparations. Mother made three individual salads, and sliced strawberries, which I sugared to have later. I put the remainder of the casserole from last night's meal into the oven, with a dish of English peas.

After supper, around 6:30, we went to the college down the road to attend a country music concert by a group from Branson. They are older performers, of course, so the audience was mainly older folks. The group of four...three men and a woman...dressed in colorful, sparkly costumes, was very professional, though. They kept the show moving along with music and humor.

We were back home around 9 p.m. Hubbie accompanied Mother to her house, while I fetched her eye drops and a helping of strawberry shortcake, and went over there to forcibly put the drops in her eyes.

Back at our house, Hubbie and I watched a couple of episodes of "Bones" before heading to bed.

Except for a brief storm, it was a very good day.

0 comments: