Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Tuesday, April 22

Slept late, until around 8 a.m., but did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast.

Hubbie made arrangements to take both the van and the truck for oil changes today. He took the van this morning, then took the truck this afternoon.

Before he left, he accompanied Mother to our house. She and I spent the rest of the morning watching "Dancing With the Stars."

When the show was over, I went upstairs to shower and dress. In the meantime, Hubbie returned and decided to make grilled cheese sandwiches for our lunch.

After lunch, Mother went to her jigsaw puzzle, and I went to town. I stopped at the WDCS first to pick up photos I'd ordered online last night. Then I went to the Goodwill store to browse for DVD movies. But they were picked over and there was nothing I wanted. I browsed the rest of the store, but found nothing I wanted. I think the best time to visit this store is right after they restock, and I don't know when that is.

I was back home around 3 p.m., in time to put chicken in the slow cooker for supper. Hubbie returned around 3:30.

The chicken was ready by 5 p.m., and we had it with leftover scalloped potatoes, asparagus, and dinner rolls that Sis brought for Easter.

Mother stayed around for a while after supper and watched TV with us. Around 8:30, she was ready to go home, so we accompanied her, and I put drops in her eyes. Thought I'd need a pry bar to get them open tonight.

At home, we watched episodes of  "Bones."

What a glorious day! I'd love for the weather to stay just like this.







0 comments: