Thursday, May 22, 2014

Thursday, May 22

Up at 8 a.m., and did stair stepping, resistance band, and leg weights exercises after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house, and she went to her jigsaw puzzle.

Once I was ready for the day, Hubbie and I shopped for groceries. We also stopped by the Caring Hands office to drop off more sympathy cards (that Hubbie forgot to take there on his errands yesterday). There was no one in the reception area when I arrived. I waited a couple of minutes, and when no one came up front, I whistled and shouted and called them by name...but no one heard me.

So I just left the cards at the reception window. When I see someone from the office again, I'm going to comment that it's not a good idea to leave the reception area unattended...especially since a colorful, patterned handbag was in plain sight and accessible to an unscrupulous person.

By the time we got back home, it was time for lunch. I fixed Ramen noodle soup for Mother, and heated leftover bagel pizzas, and Parmesan potatoes for Hubbie and me.

Mother went back to her puzzle afterward, and Hubbie and I occupied ourselves in various activities preparing for the Memorial Day weekend. My goal is not to have to be in the kitchen all the time, though I will fix a country rib dinner for Memorial Day itself on Monday.

Good news: got a report from the doctor's office on the results of my bone density scan. I tested normal. Guess I won't have to worry about that again for several more years. Even though Mother has osteoporosis, which means I could be at risk, I'm hoping I will never have the problem. But if I do, I'm sure it'll be caught early enough to be dealt with.

Later, for supper, we decided to take advantage of a fast food restaurant's fifty-cent corn dogs offer. Mother wasn't up for going to the restaurant, so Hubbie and I picked them up, along with onion rings. It has been years and years since I had this restaurant's yummy onion rings, and it'll be many more years before I indulge again.

I'm not a fan of hot dogs, so I opted against getting one for myself. Instead, we went to another fast food restaurant to get a grilled chicken sandwich for me.

Shortly after supper, Mother was ready to go home, so Hubbie accompanied her. Then he and I watched episodes of "Bones."













0 comments: