Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Tuesday, May 20

Up at 7 a.m., and did stair stepping, resistance band, and weights exercises after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house around 9 a.m., and we watched an episode of "Dancing With the Stars," before I went upstairs to get ready for the day.

It was around 11:30 by the time I was dressed, so I fixed our lunch...for Mother, leftover catfish and sweet potato from her meal at the restaurant Saturday night, and the rest of the meal from the Japanese restaurant for Hubbie and me.

Afterward, Mother went to her jigsaw puzzle, Hubbie worked in the yard, and I did a few chores, like washing a couple of loads of laundry, and then spent a couple of hours making sympathy cards for Caring Hands. Made a total of nine more yesterday and today. I won't have time to make any more until next week.

Later, Mother and I  made a pork chop dish for the oven. She sliced apples and onions and layered them in a baking dish, and I browned the chops to add to it. Mother brushed the chops with a honey and mustard mixture. When the chops were cooked, I made a batch of instant rice, and microwaved a dish of English peas to add to the meal.

Mother was ready to go home shortly after supper, so Hubbie accompanied her. Then he and I watched TV for the evening. Around 8:30, I went to Mother's house to put drops in her eyes. 

0 comments: