Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Wednesday, May 21

Up at 8 a.m., and did stair stepping, resistance band, and leg weights exercises after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house mid morning, and before I went upstairs to get ready for the day, we prepared veggies for making soup.

Mother diced carrots, onions, celery, and banana peppers, which I sauteed in olive oil. Then I added a quart freezer bag of tomatoes, chicken and beef broths, and spices to the veggies, and let the mixture simmer for a long while.

While the soup cooked, Mother and I watched the finale of "Dancing With the Stars." The winner of the competition was the one we felt would win.

Finally, I went upstairs to get dressed. It was lunchtime by the time I came back downstairs. So Mother had her usual Ramen noodle soup, and Hubbie and I settled for PB&J sandwiches.

Afterward, Mother shredded white American cheese for making pimento cheese. She had added pimentos and cream cheese. She tried to blend the mixture, but it was too difficult for her, so I took over. After that, we made a batch of blueberry muffins, and a recipe of macaroni salad.

We relaxed for a while before starting supper preparations. I sauteed onions, bell peppers, and onion, and while the mixture cooled, Mother made individual salads. Then we loaded bagels with provolone cheese, and diced tomatoes, the cooled sauteed veggies, garlic from a jar, and spices...paprika, pepper, no-salt seasoning, oregano, and basil. Topped the pizzas with shredded Monterey Jack cheese.

The pizzas and salads, with a side of cottage cheese, were pretty good. Mother was ready to go home soon after supper, so Hubbie accompanied her.

Then he and I watched episodes of "Bones," on DVDs borrowed from the library. We put a hold on the DVD, and got a call yesterday that it was available. We've been waiting for a couple of weeks for it.

Around 8:30, I went to Mother's house to put drops in her eyes...never an easy task. She says she wants to open her eyes, but her eyes have a mind of their own.




0 comments: