Friday, March 14, 2008

Art , Dancing, and a Necklace

It was a nice night for an outing to a well-attended artist reception at the gallery downtown. One of the works of this artist was chosen for this year's film festival poster and program. Her colorful paintings feature rustic rural scenes...old-fashioned gasoline pumps, automobiles rusting in a field, country stores with metal signs nailed to the siding, etc.

We stayed at the reception long enough to speak with and congratulate the artist, visit old friends, and meet a new couple, before moving on to a ballroom dancing session at a local church fellowship hall.

We didn't do any strenuous dancing, since I'm still recuperating from a heart procedure. But we did participate in slow waltzes and foxtrots. I even learned line dancing tonight, although Hubbie wasn't up for it.

Hubbie was the one to suggest we go out tonight, though, and I'm glad he did. It lifted my spirits. My spirits were pretty lifted too when, before we left, he presented me with a circa 1950s handcrafted green bead necklace that I'd been admiring at the museum gift shop. I was already dressed when he gave me the necklace, but was happy to change into an outfit that would better complement the beads.

Looks like the night is ending with severe thunderstorm warnings and tornado watches, though, and I'm not crazy about that!

2 comments:

Ann crum said...

I'm so glad he got you that lovely necklace. I saw it and knew it was the one you'd been admiring. I was so hoping you'd get it! I'm also very glad you went out. You're well on the road to recovery!

Sixty Something said...

Thanks. I feel great. I've got an appt. with my heart doctor
April 3, and I'm so hoping he releases me to get back to my regular routine!