Friday, May 9, 2008

Exercise and More Exercise

Water aerobics is a great way to start the day. I always feel energized after an hour in the pool. The water was cool this morning when I first got in, but felt wonderful after a few minutes. This was (boo-hoo) the last day of the sessions until June 2, since the college will be on a break.

After I got home, I took Mother for a walk at the college lake. The young woman with a baby in a pink stroller was there again, as was a guy fishing from the wooden bridge, a man walking his two black dogs, and a female jogger. Other than the ducks, though, the only wildlife we saw today were three large carp hovering close to the surface near the bank, and some turtles lined up on a log.



Got back home just in time to put lunch on the table. Hubbie and I enjoyed a variety of lettuces and green onions (early veggies from the garden), together with whatever I could find to add...like sliced fresh strawberries, tomatoes, California navel oranges, mushrooms, Craisins, sliced almonds, baby Swiss cheese, cottage cheese, and Raspberry spritzer dressing. Hubbie had a sandwich made from cold leftover pork roast with his, and I rounded mine out with a cup of hot tea.

Later, we visited the farmer's market to pick up another flat of strawberries for the freezer, along with new potatoes, tomatoes, and summer squash. We'll be so glad to see tomatoes from our own garden. They are always the most delicious.

Yesterday evening, we attended ballroom dancing, where I wore a new pair of flat, lace-up, jazz shoes I'd ordered online. They are built for easy foot movements, but they are very flat...almost like dancing in socks or bare feet, so I might try getting some shoe gels to put in them to give them more support.

We had a good time at the dance, except we could have used a little less line dancing and more ballroom dancing, so we could practice our routines. Guess we'll just have to practice more at home.

0 comments: