Thursday, May 8, 2008

Busy but Pleasant Day

It's been a busy, but pleasant day so far. I had a good workout at Cardiac Rehab. The exercise physiologist set the treadmill at an incline to help me work harder. I could feel the difference in my calves, though so far I'm not sore in that area.

My oxygen saturation continues at 100%. Another participant asked the exercise physiologist how many people have that rating, and he said he's only seen a couple of others in the time he's been working there.

At 11:30 a.m., Mother and I joined the "Water Babies" for lunch at an Italian restaurant. I ordered a grilled shrimp salad, but was surprised at how salty the shrimp were. I don't know if the cook over salted them, or if I'm getting more sensitive to salty tastes.

Mother ordered meatless spaghetti. Both of us had more food than we could eat, so we brought half of it home with us.

After lunch, we shopped at the worldwide discount chain store, and then stopped by a clothing re-sale shop. After losing so much weight, I have several really nice outfits that I thought the shop might take on consignment, but the owner said she gets her clothes from another state.

I'd never been in the shop before, though I've been promising myself to take a look at it someday. The shop is neat, with attractive displays. The clothing looks clean and pressed, but we didn't stay long, because the whole place has an unpleasant "previously worn" smell.

Hubbie's day included a Master Gardener meeting and a tour of a beautiful private local garden. He said the garden is lovely, but not many flowers were in bloom today. The garden is terraced on a hill below the owner's home, and includes a large gazebo and a waterfall.

After lunch, I met one of the other Master Gardeners as she was going into the Italian restaurant, and she said that after last night's rain, the downhill paths at the garden were slick, so she was glad I didn't do the tour today. Hubbie said he'd arrange for me to tour on another, more suitable day.

0 comments: