Monday, June 23, 2008

Another Monday

At the end of this week, I will have completed 31 of the 36 required days of Cardiac Rehab (three months). But since I'll be gone next week to teach photography at a museum in our capital city, I'll have to make up the remaining five days after I get back.

Today, I was given an exit interview packet...questionnaires testing what I've learned during my session, plus a satisfaction survey. The Cardiac Rehab team will get a good score from me, since they've been very attentive.

I was down two pounds today, after a three pound gain last week. Following exercise, my blood pressure was 86/52, prompting the exercise physiologist to ask if I felt okay. I did. My heart rate came down faster than it did last Thursday, too. I work hard, so it takes a while for my heart rate to decrease, meaning that I'm the last one in my group to be dismissed each session.

Cardiac Rehab has been very good for me, so I think I'll sign up for Phase III of the program. I can take either a two or a three-day-a-week session, and I'll do the two-day one, on Tuesdays and Thursdays. That way, I can be free to go to water aerobics Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.

After lunch, I mixed fresh chemicals for the photography session next week, and then Mother and I went into the "darkroom" (a small bathroom with no windows that Hubbie set up with my photography enlarger, chemical trays, safe light, etc.) In order to test photo papers, we created a variety of sunprints. Mother is satisfied enough with one of hers to frame and use as a county fair entry. I might scan one of mine and manipulate it in a photo workshop program.

By the time we finished our projects, it was close to suppertime. We enjoyed a succulent beef roast, using a variety of no-salt spices like garlic and thyme, as well as onions, carrots, and potatoes, then roasted several hours in a slow cooker.

It's been a busy day, and I'm ready now to wind down.

0 comments: