Saturday, June 28, 2008

Rainy Day

The gardens needed rain, and today they got it. We awoke to thunderstorms this morning, which brought slow, constant rain, until around noon. It's still cloudy, but the rain has stopped.

The rain made for a damp trip to finish last-minute shopping at the worldwide discount chain store. I think now we have everything we need for meals this week. Of course, it isn't as though we are going to some isolated outpost, where we might not find a convenient grocery store, but we don't want to have to shop any more often than is absolutely necessary.

For a change, there were no events scheduled on the calendar for today, so we relaxed a little and took care of odds and ends.

Because I can't rely on my memory alone, I'm an inveterate list-maker. For weeks ahead of a major trip or event, I make and add to lists...camp supply lists, menu lists, grocery lists, lists of extra things I need to remember to take, like birthday gifts, cards, photos and whatever, and lists of tasks that need to be taken care of, like stopping the mail and newspaper, filling the truck with diesel, checking propane tanks on the camper, etc.

Except for gathering last-minute personal items in the morning, all the lists have been checked off now. So we're good to go, I think.

0 comments: