Monday, June 9, 2008

Monday Again

I was aggravated when we got back from our trip to visit the new great-grandsons Saturday and found we couldn't get connected to the Internet. I tried every trick I know, but nothing worked. Couldn't get online Sunday, either.



Hubbie called our service provider this morning, who walked him through procedures that also didn't work. Finally, a tech was scheduled to come by this afternoon. He fixed the problem, but said we need a new reader card when we take the computer in for repairs in the future. It's always something with computers.



Went to Cardiac Rehab this morning, as usual, and got a good workout. We watched an educational video about healthy eating. I'm already practicing the suggestions, but it never hurts to review.



After a salad lunch, I took Mother shopping at the worldwide discount chain store. I didn't buy anything on this trip, but just helped her get the things she wanted. Before going to the discount store, we dropped by a clothing store, where I was hoping to find a suitable top to wear with white jeans to an evening art auction event coming up in a couple of weeks. No dice. I love living in a small town, except for the shopping limitations.


This evening, Hubbie went with me to an Arts Council meeting at a local restaurant. Five of us ate Dutch treat and ironed out details of an upcoming art auction affair. Hubbie's and my duties at the event will be to help haul easels and other necessities to the event venue, and then help set up. Hubbie also agreed to act as a host at the affair. I'll donate a framed photograph for the silent auction, a food item for the refreshment table, and then help with clean-up afterwards. We'll also buy tickets to the event, and chances on the cruise give-away. That's the way it works with volunteerism in a small town.

One of the perks of going to the restaurant was that we saw a couple we haven't seen in several months (they moved to another state and had come back to town to visit with family). We only had time to talk with them for a few minutes, but it was so good to see them.

0 comments: