Thursday, June 12, 2008

This and That Thursday

I worked hard enough at cardiac rehab this morning that it took a while for my heart rate to get back to normal. Also, I was up a couple of pounds today, indicating that I might have gotten too much salt in my diet yesterday. Instead of just guessing at it, I need to record my salt intake each day to keep proper track of it.



After I got home from rehab, Mother and I ran a few errands. She wanted to stop by Home Depot to get a birthday gift card for Hubbie, and I wanted to pick up snapshots of the two new great-grandsons at the worldwide discount chain store. Our scrapbook club meets next week, so we need to plan pages to work on.



During the afternoon, I organized photography paraphernalia for the workshop coming up in July. I think I'm pretty well ready for that now, except for mixing chemicals. Film photography is fast becoming a dying art, so I'll not be doing this type of workshop very much longer, I'm sure. It's a shame, too, because through using pinhole cameras, pinhole viewfinders, and darkroom equipment, it's a great way to teach young students not only about photo composition, but also about light, and the relationship between photography and the human eye.

This evening, we attended the visitation for our neighbor who passed away yesterday. The receiving line was very long when we got there shortly before 6 p.m., and had been slowly moving past the closed casket since 5 p.m. It took us 45 minutes to finally reach and talk with family members. In the meantime, we were able to visit with lots of other folks that we know, as they entered or exited the funeral home.

Now, it's time to relax for the rest of the evening. Tomorrow is another day, despite predictions by the founder of a religious sect in Texas that the world will end today.

0 comments: