Monday, June 16, 2008

Monday Again

It seems like Mondays are rolling around faster these days. It's always hard to pry myself out of bed on Monday mornings to go to Cardiac Rehab. It doesn't help that I'm not a morning person to begin with, but on Mondays, I'm an absolute slug.

Once I begin exercising, though, I'm fine. After eating out yesterday, I dreaded the scale this morning, but it showed a two-pound loss. This up-two-pounds-down-two-pounds thing is a fluctuation in water weight, I'm sure.

My blood pressure was good, and my oxygen saturation remains at 100%. It didn't take as long for my heart rate to go down after the session today, though, which indicates to me I might not have worked hard enough on the cardio-stepper.

The educational video was about healthy eating, which the guys in the session pooh-poohed. The men just really don't want to change their eating habits. I sure can't figure out why...did they enjoy triple and quadruple bypasses that much? Just having a 95% clogged artery was enough to make me willing to do whatever it takes to stay healthy.

After I got home, Hubbie and I ran errands around town, including to the farmer's market, where we got some luscious homegrown, salmonella-free, tomatoes. These days, I feel like I'm playing Russian Roulette whenever I buy produce grown in other states.

At home, I made two bowls of potato salad, a sodium-free and egg-yolk free one for me, and my regular recipe for everyone else. Hubbie loves my potato salad, so I try to make it for him frequently through the summer. It's hard to make just a little potato salad, though, so I usually have to wait until we're going to have a family gathering before I make it.

With the barbecue and potato salad, we'll have baked beans (which I won't eat), corn on the cob, and sliced tomatoes and cucumbers for Hubbie's Father's Day/birthday celebration tomorrow. There will also be low-fat hot dogs and macaroni and cheese for kids who might not like barbecue and salads.

For dessert, Mother has baked a lemon cake, which I'll finish with lemon pudding and egg white meringue icing in the morning. This is another of Hubbie's favorites. Because I'm allergic to yellow dye, I'll have a chocolate cupcake and strawberries.

The rest of the day was spent sprucing the house, and making another run to the worldwide discount chain store to pick up frozen corn on the cob, and a bucket of ice cream, that we forgot on our first trip. Since we were out anyway, we stopped by Blockbuster video store, where I hoped to spend a gift card. But we were shocked to find it vacant...when in the world did they go out of business, I wonder? I guess they had too much competition from a couple of other video rental stores in town, as well as from online video rental sites. Now, I'll need to either visit a Blockbuster when I'm in another town, or spend the gift card online.

0 comments: