Wednesday, June 18, 2008

More Examples of Stepping Stones






Here are some more examples of stepping stones that Mother, Hubbie, and I made. Hubbie and I worked together on the top one, which uses a broken flower-pattern dinner plate. I made the patriotic red, white and blue stone, using broken tiles, and clear jewel stones to form a sort of star pattern in the middle. For this one, I added red concrete dye to the Quickrete mixture. I also made the lady bug stone and the red-dyed stone featuring small seashells in starburst patterns. Mother made the seashell/rock combination stone at the bottom. None of these are grand, but they were fun to make, and add interest to the path in the arbor. Directions for making the stones is in the previous blog.

2 comments:

Ann crum said...

These are a lot of fun to make! I love that lady bug. She's really cute and what a clever idea! I've been busy lately, other than work, with glass painting.

Sixty Something said...

Yes, I read you're blog about getting back to glass painting. You'll have to post some snaps when you finish a project.