Monday, August 4, 2008

A New Week

Monday again. The weeks sure do rush past. It's hard to believe we are already deep into summer. I always think I'm going to accomplish great things in the summer, but I never do. There just aren't enough weeks of warm weather to do all the things I have on my list.



I started today with a treadmill session, which did the trick aerobically, but I still prefer swimming and will be glad when the class starts again on August 18. As soon as I was ready for the day, Hubbie and I ran errands...to the Hallmark store to get a wedding card for a grandson who is to be married this coming Friday, to the gas station to buy an arm and leg worth of fuel, and on to the worldwide discount chain store for groceries and incidentals. Mother sent her list with us, too, since she wasn't up for going to that store today.



This afternoon, I took Mother to the doctor. She's not ill, but she has several complaints that needed addressing, including tummy and intestinal problems, lightheadedness when she stands still for very long, weak legs, and thick toenails that are painful and make walking difficult. The doctor ordered a colonoscopy, and referred her to a podiatrist. As for her lightheadedness, she said it's not uncommon for older people to feel this way if they stand still for very long. She recommended exercise for her weak legs, of course, particularly walking or riding a stationary bicycle.



The appointment was for 2:30, but we were not seen until nearly 3:30, because an emergency case arrived at the clinic at our appointment time. While we hate waiting in a doctor's office, we certainly expect our physician to treat a patient with an emergency ahead of us.



It was about 4 p.m. before we left the clinic. Wow, was the car hot! The thermometer registered the outside temp at 104 degrees. I don't know how hot it was inside that windows-rolled-up van.



Fortunately, we thought ahead yesterday and prepared enough pork roast and trimmings to heat for supper tonight, because we were in no mood to cook a fresh meal.

There was nothing on the calendar for this evening beyond vegging in front of the TV, which is what we did.

0 comments: