Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Monday, Nov. 3

It felt good to get back to water aerobics this morning. Several members of the group commented on the recent Octoberfest event photos that I shot, which were published in the regional section of the state's newspaper yesterday. The ladies were particularly interested in the snapshot of one of the water aerobics members, who was a featured demonstrator at the event.

Our usual aerobics leader was out today, so a substitute took over. We were told the regular leader is suffering from sciatic nerve problems. I have not had this problem, but both Mother and Sis have, and I know from them that it is very painful. It is a malady that comes and goes without warning, but when a person is afflicted, it seems to linger for weeks.

As I arrived home from aerobics, the plumber was leaving, having unclogged the upstairs bathroom sinks. Hubbie had to call the plumber after he tried everything else last night, to no avail. It's always something around here (or in the camper).

After lunch today, Mother and I planned this week's menu, and then Hubbie and I shopped for groceries and ran other errands around town.

When we got back, Mother and I, both still kids at heart, watched two Charlie Brown shows, "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown," and "You're Not Elected, Charlie Brown," that I had recorded on DVR.

During the evening, Hubbie and I caught up on favorite one-hour TV shows, which I had also recorded on DVR while we were gone last week, and as we watched them, I taped them for Mother.

By that time, we were plenty ready for bed, since neither of us has adjusted to the time change...even though the clock said it was 10:30 p.m., our bodies were telling us it was 11:30. Shih Tzu is having an even harder time adjusting to the change, and insists on having lunch and supper an hour earlier than the clock declares is meal time. Come to think of it, my tummy also starts rumbling too early.

0 comments: