Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Wednesday, Nov. 5




















Oops! Somehow, I managed to add two of the same snapshot to this blog. Oh, well...it's a pretty Bradford pear tree.



The $6 waterproof watch I bought at the WDCS several years ago finally quit working, so I picked up another one yesterday. Last night I set the time on it and put it in my swim bag. When I started to put it on in the dressing room at the gym this morning, I noticed it was no longer set for normal time. It registered 20:43 or something. I must have somehow set it in some other mode. I find it difficult to set these "Made in China" watches, with instructions that go like this:




Push C-button three times; push A-button, minute digits flash and advance by depression of A-button; push B-button, hour digits flash and advance as above (12/24 hours advancing by push of A-button); push B-button, date digits flash and advance as above; push B-button, flag of weekday flash and advance as above; push B-button and second will start for setting again. If push C-button during any changing time, Normal Time will appear. Say what?





The water was cooler at the pool today for aerobics, but it was okay once I was in it for a while. The substitute leader was on board again today. I left early, however, so I could get home to complete my morning ablutions in time to meet a cardiologist appointment at 11 a.m.





Hubbie went with me, and grew more and more impatient as time rolled around to nearly noon before I was called back to the exam room. All is well with me, the cardiologist said. He commented that he's glad to see I'm staying "skinny." I'm certainly not skinny, but I am within the normal weight range for my height and age. He is very pleased that I'm eating right and exercising...things many of his patients refuse to do. I imagine it must be hard for doctors to work with patients who won't take their advice and actively participate in a better health program.





The doctor's wife is a camera bug, so when I visit, he spends quite a bit of time discussing the finer points of photography with me. I hope no one in the waiting room is growing impatient about their appointment time while he is idling in conversation with me.





It was 12:30 p.m. by the time we got back home, and I was plenty ready for lunch. After lunch, Hubbie and I went on a photo safari again, so I could get vista shots, as well as a couple of shots of bright trees in fall colors.





After that, we stopped by a grocery store to take advantage of discount coupons we received in the mail today. There were good buys on lots of products that we use.



Supper tonight was steamed new potatoes, summer squash with onions, as well as cabbage sauteed in cooking spray and seasoned with caraway seeds. Yum. We love veggies.
Well, the mama cat and all six kittens are back. Mysterious.










































0 comments: