Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sunday, Nov. 9

We slept late this morning...all the way to 7:30 a.m. Hubbie always looks forward to the mornings when I don't have to get up at 7 a.m. to go to water aerobics, and yet on the days when I don't have to go, he pops up early anyway. Go figure.

Naturally, I don't feel comfortable lying abed if he's ready to get up. So I popped up, too, and joined him for breakfast. Usually, I take Sunday off from exercising, but since I missed water aerobics Friday, I felt I needed to do a treadmill session today as a make-up day.

We had a relaxed Sunday. Today's choice of music was a 3-CD set of "Classics go to the Movies." I guess attending our state's symphony orchestra concert last Sunday put us in the mood to hear more classical music today.

Speaking of classical music, I've noticed the last couple of times we've shopped at the worldwide discount chain store that classical music has been playing in the background...not Christmas music, as in other stores, but classical music! What a refreshing change. I intend to let the store's management know how much I appreciate this. It makes shopping less stressful and so much more pleasantly relaxing. I hope they keep it up.

We settled on leftovers for lunch today...the rest of the shrimp pasta dish I fixed for Hubbie and me last Thursday night. I got the recipe online, but tweaked it quite a bit:

Shrimp Pasta

My version of the recipe: ingredients:

1 lb. spaghetti
1/4 lb. pre-cooked turkey bacon
One can no salt added English peas, or rinse a regular can of the peas
Pre-cooked shrimp
2 tablespoons lite margarine
1/2 to one cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
Seasoned pepper



Directions:

*Cut bacon into two-inch pieces.
*Remove tails from pre-cooked shrimp.
*Cook pasta in boiling water (unsalted).
*Brown the bacon.
*Drain the peas and add to bacon (I inadvertently dumped the whole can in, and it worked fine). *Add shrimp and saute' till mixture is just warm (so as not to toughen the pre-cooked shrimp). Remove the pan from the heat and add the margarine.
*In a separate bowl, mix the cottage cheese (I probably used close to a cup, since that's what was left in the carton), Parmesan cheese and pepper. Add about 1/4 cup of boiling pasta water to the mixture and whisk.
*Drain pasta and add in the cheese mixture.
*Now mix in the bacon, shrimp and peas. Toss and serve.

0 comments: