Saturday, January 24, 2009

Anniversary

Today is Hubbie's and my 28th wedding anniversary. So we slept late, and I skipped my exercises this morning, because we planned to go to another town this afternoon to shop and have supper at a favorite restaurant, and I knew I'd be walking a lot.

After breakfast, we visited Mother at her house so that Shih Tzu could visit Mother's cat, Snoops. Shih Tzu and Snoops like each other. Of course, Shih Tzu has always been fond of cats, and doesn't like other dogs at all. Snoops isn't afraid of Shih Tzu, and rubs up against her while Shih Tzu wags her tail.

While we were at Mother's, I called Daughter to let her know that we'll be visiting at Son's house on February 14 to celebrate Feb. birthdays.

I talked to Granddaughter, too, who said four-year-old Great-Grandddaughter is enrolled in preschool and will be attending beginning Feb. 9. Great-Granddaughter is very excited about going. She won't get many weeks in during this second semester, but at least she'll get a taste of the school environment, so she'll be better equipped when she attends in the fall.

After lunch, we headed to the other town, taking Shih Tzu with us. Our first stop when we got there was a shoe store, where I looked for a pair of low-heeled black boots to wear when I model the clothes at the "Go Red Luncheon." This shoe store only had high-heeled, pointy-toed boots. But the clerk suggested I visit another shoe store that she said might still have the type boot I wanted. She told us where the store was located, and we went there. I did find a pair that I liked, on sale. They are a half size larger than I need (they didn't have my exact size), but they are comfortable and roomy enough for socks.

From there, we went to the WDCS, where I hoped to find a water pick...my hygienist suggested I use one...but no dice. There wasn't one at a drug store we visited, either.

Other stores we visited were $5 and $1 stores that, comically, were having sales. At these stores, I found a box containing two Christmas mugs with Shih Tzu dogs pictured on them, and a jigsaw puzzle to put away for a "12 Days of Christmas" gift for Mother next Dec. I also picked up several sticker sheets and other elements for scrapbooking.

Then we visited another discount store, but I didn't find anything I wanted there. Our last stop before going to dinner was a book and video store. Here, I bought the musical video, "Annie," starring Albert Finney and Carol Burnett. It was very reasonably priced, so I was glad to get it to add to my movie musicals collection.

We had dinner at a favorite buffet restaurant, where I opted for baked chicken, lots of veggies, and a salad that included fruit. But I couldn't resist tasting a sugar-free cherry pie (eating only the filling and not the crust) and soft-serve chocolate ice cream.

It was windy-cold when we left the restaurant, as it had been all day. Thank goodness, though, it was sunny, and we saw none of the predicted rain. On the way home, I noticed I was missing one of my drop earrings. Hubbie said I had both of them on when we left the restaurant. I searched around, thinking it might have dropped to the van floor, but couldn't find it. They aren't expensive earrings, but they nicely match one of the necklaces Hubbie gave me for Christmas, so I didn't want to lose them.

After we got home, I searched through my coat and on my sweater, but didn't immediately see it. Then I absent-mindedly ran my finger around the inside of the collar of my turtleneck sweater and there it was, in the fold of the collar.Yay!

I'd recorded our favorite basketball team in SEC play this afternoon on the DVR, so this evening we watched as our team went down in flames once again. We were very disappointed. This is the third SEC game they have lost.

0 comments: