Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday, February 6

Twenty-one of us showed up for water aerobics this morning. As the days grow warmer, the number of ladies attending sessions will also grow. The pool was a bit nippy today, but felt good once I got used to it.





When I got back home, I decided I wanted to clip articles about the Go Red for Women Luncheon event from the various newspapers. I wish I'd thought to clip them as soon as we'd read the papers, because it was difficult turning up the right issues out of a stack that's been collecting for a couple of weeks. I don't know what there is about looking through back issues of newspapers...an article of interest jumps out at me when I first read a paper, but hides from me when I look for it later.





After lunch, I took Mother shopping. She wanted to stop by the greeting card shop, and then go to the WDCS for incidentals and a few grocery items. We both wore red in observance of Go Red Friday, which is aimed at increasing awareness that heart disease is the number one killer of women, and to show support for programs that prevent or reduce the risk for heart disease.



We were home about 2:30, but didn't feel like doing anything beyond watching a couple of "Monk" episodes that I'd recorded on DVR. Hubbie was more productive than we were...he worked in the yard most of the day.





For supper, Mother made salmon loaf. We had baked sweet potatoes and English peas with it. After that, more (yawn) TV.



Note: since we have a freezer full of Girl Scout cookies made with peanut butter (got a case of them at a silent auction), I checked online to see if they are on the salmonella tainted products list. Thank goodness, they are not. The bakers of Girl Scout cookies do not get their peanut butter from Peanut Corporation of America, which is the focus of a tainted peanut butter investigation.

0 comments: