Wednesday, February 4, 2009


Seventeen of us showed up for water aerobics on this eighteen-degree morning. If the out-of-the-north wind had been blowing briskly today, I might have wimped out of going. But I'm always glad I've gone once I'm in the water.




When I got back home, Hubbie said he had made a 10 a.m. appointment at the barber shop, so he commandeered the van to run a few errands beforehand.





Mother came over once I was ready for the day and started a pot of stew, using an uncooked portion of beef cut from the Sunday roast, along with carrots, onions, potatoes, low-sodium beef broth, and various herbs and spices. It was delicious, served with light canned biscuits and honey.





After lunch, Mother and I made several greeting cards (see above...for a closer view of the cards, click twice on the picture). Mother made the Valentine, and I made the other three. For the "Thinking of you" blue card, I used leftovers from a scrapbook page project. After I cut out blue hearts for the page, I used the "holes" for this card.





The note card on the right was made by gluing a square of decorative flower stamps to card stock and adding a white bow to the top. The stamps were included on a sheet of address labels.




The card on the left is a combination of rubber stamping, flower stickers (I bought a large sheet of these for a dollar), and "stitching," done with a white pen. The scalloped edging was done with decorative scissors.




We finished the cards around suppertime. Later, Hubbie and I watched our favorite basketball team in SEC play. It was an exciting game, but, drats, they lost by two points.

0 comments: