Monday, March 16, 2009

Monday, March 16

After sleeping late each morning last week, it was hard to drag out of bed at 6:30 this morning. At least the weather was moderate, requiring only my fleece outfit and a jacket for going to water aerobics. The pool was reasonably warm, thank goodness. We all feared it would be chilly today, since the college was out on spring break last week.

Our leader, donning a green plastic St. Patrick's Day bowler hat, toned down the exercises a little today to help ease us back into the routine. Most of the ladies hadn't exercised at all last week, but I did walk on my treadmill every day except the one when my wacky back was at its worst.

I noticed, after I got back home, that Hubbie had given Shih Tzu a bath while I was gone. She really needed it, because, after a week and a half, she was beginning to smell un-good.

Once I was ready for the day, Mother came over, and we played with our scrapbook pages some more. I also cut up lettuce for a chef's salad lunch, and then Hubbie took over, slicing mushrooms, green onions, carrots, apples, and grape tomatoes. Later, he added Craisins, walnuts, sliced leftover fried chicken, provolone cheese, and cottage cheese to the salad. Mother opted for a chicken sandwich, with lettuce leaves, and cottage cheese on the side.

After lunch, Mother and I went for a walk at the college lake. Only a couple of other folks were walking there today. We noticed the ducks have been busy laying (and abandoning) eggs along the bank. The bank is sloped, so the eggs tend to roll into the lake. Those that don't are pilfered by animals or predator birds. As far as we know, there have never been ducklings hatched by these haphazard birds that seem to be completely clueless about proper nesting methods.

We didn't accomplish much during the afternoon. I researched some stuff for Mother for her scrapbook pages, and typed some journaling for her. While I was doing that, she put together a delicious lasagna, filling it with a layer of zucchini squash, onions, and mushrooms, and spreading it with shredded Parmesan cheese and cottage cheese, as well as low sodium jar spaghetti sauce, tweaked with more herbs and spices.

Meanwhile, Hubbie ran errands, taking Shih Tzu with him. When he came back, he handed me a small jewelry box that contained a beautiful pair of 14k gold teardrop earrings...an early Mother's Day gift, he said.

After supper, Hubbie and I turned the TV off for an hour...he read his novel, and I continued researching on my laptop. I'm looking for information on workers rolling film at Eastman Kodak in Rochester, N.Y., but I'm not having much luck. The reason I'm interested in the topic is because Mother worked rolling film at the Eastman plant around 1945, and we'd like to do a scrapbook page about it.

Later, we watched "Dancing with the Stars," and other favorite programs.

0 comments: