Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thursday, March 19

We got up late on this sharply cooler morning...around 8 a.m. After a hot cereal breakfast, with toast and an orange, I got on the treadmill. I ate a little more for breakfast this morning, because I wanted to eat only a very light lunch, since this evening was weigh-in at Weight Watchers.



After I was ready for the day, Hubbie and I ran a few errands. First we went to the greeting card shop to find a birthday card for my friend, who lives in our capital city. She and I worked together at the same agency years ago.

From there, we went to the tool and appliance store, where Hubbie checked to see if a new blade for one of his tools had come in. He learned it is on back order. Then we went to the WDCS for a few grocery items, particularly low-sodium beef broth to add to the leftover beef stew for supper tonight.



Back home, I had a banana and milk for lunch. Then Mother came over, and we waited for one of the members of the scrapbook club to arrive and ride with us to the 1 p.m. meeting at the Extension Services office. She arrived about twenty minutes before one.

When we got to the meeting, another member was already there and hard at work. There were only the four of us at the meeting, but we had a great time together.

After we got back home, I made a batch of bran muffins to have with our beef and cabbage stew supper. A little after 4:30, Mother and I went to Weight Watchers. Happily, Mother lost a pound, but I gained one. I figured I'd gain this month, since I ate no-no foods during the week of Mother's birthday. It usually takes two weeks for me to show a weight gain after eating the wrong foods. Hopefully, I'll shed that pound by next month.

After supper tonight, Hubbie and I spent our one-hour quiet time going to a furniture store, in response to an invitation we received to take advantage of a three-hour sale. We found a small recliner chair that Hubbie said was comfortable, and that I thought he should get to replace the one he has that is too large and uncomfortable. But he wasn't willing to pay even the sale price, and since there was nothing else we were interested in, we stopped by a grocery store to pick up on-sale strawberries, and then came back home.

We cut up fresh fruit to have later this evening or tomorrow, and then we settled in to watch the news and Wheel of Fortune that I'd recorded on DVR. Then we watched "The Net," a PG-13 cyberthriller movie starring Sandra Bullock, about a computer expert who gets caught up in a web of intrigue.

0 comments: