Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thursday, March 5

It was an ordinary day. Slept late, exercised on the treadmill, took care of household chores. After lunch, Hubbie and I ran errands to the pharmacy and to the WDCS.

When we got back home, I baked an apple pie for Sis. For several years, I've made one for her January birthday, but somehow, I let it slip my mind this year. Since she's going to be here this weekend for Mother's birthday party, I decided it's a good time to give her one. Better late than never.

For supper, I fixed stirfry, using leftover Cajun turkey, which gave the dish an unusual, but tasty spicy-hot flavor. I had planned to use the new electric rice cooker today, but in reading the instructions, I learned I needed to both rinse and soak the rice ahead of time, and it was too late in the day for that process, so we just had minute rice with the meal.

There was enough pie crust left to make a small cobbler for supper, too, which was pretty good with low-fat ice cream. I ate a very small portion of the apples and skipped the crust, though.

After supper, I visited with Mother at her house for a while, and then joined Hubbie for our quiet hour. He finished his novel tonight, and I continued mine.

Later, we watched a movie I'd recorded on DVR..."Wise Blood." It's a 1980 PG movie based on a novel by Flannery O'Conner about religious quackery, and deals with some very quirky characters and strange situations...definitely not a family movie.

0 comments: