Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tuesday, March 31

I had a restless night last night. I fell asleep soon after going to bed, but then woke up at 3 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep until 5 a.m. The bedroom seemed stuffy and hot, maybe because a thunderstorm was brewing. After it rained later, I managed to get back to sleep and stay asleep until around 8:30.

After breakfast, I got on the treadmill. Once I was ready for the day, Mother came over and we goofed off until lunch time. After lunch, Hubbie and I ran a few errands...to a grocery store, to the pharmacy, to the appliance store to pick up a blade for one of Hubbie's tools, to the health food store to get a couple of more bags of puffed cereal (Mother decided she wanted some), and then back home.

At home, I uploaded digital photos and sent them to the WDCS one-hour service, but I didn't accomplish much else during the afternoon.

Hubbie called the RV repair business and got an appointment to take the camper there on Thursday. We're to be at the shop around noon. It's not supposed to take long to fix the problem, so we should have time to shop at the warehouse store while we're there.

Supper tonight was meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and green beans. The meatloaf was big enough that we were able to put half of it in the freezer to take with us on our Texas trip.

After supper, Hubbie and I spent our quiet hour on the computers. Then I talked on the cell phone from 7 to 9 p.m. ... first to my great-niece, who is in rehearsals for two plays, and has recently been elected as a cheerleader at her school; and second to a friend, a widow in ill health, who I used to work with years ago. We talk only a couple of times a year, so our conversations are long.

We need to get up early in the morning...6 a.m. ... so that I can drop Hubbie off at a Master Gardener's house before I go to water aerobics. A group of MGs is getting together to dig and pot plants from the host's gardens to sell at the group's fundraising plant sale in May.

0 comments: