Friday, April 3, 2009

Friday, April 3

For some reason, the parking lots at the college were full this morning, and I had to park way up the hill near the student union and walk down to the gym, which was fine, because I can use all the exercise I can get. It was chilly outside, so I nipped right along.

The pool was chilly, too, for the 27 of us who showed up. Most of the time, I get used to the water after a few minutes, but I couldn't seem to adjust to it this morning. So I was glad when the session was over and I could get home to a hot shower.

Once I was ready for the day, Hubbie and I traveled to a town a couple of hours east of us to take the camper to the RV repair shop. Mother opted not to go with us, and since we had to leave both the truck and the camper at the shop, we couldn't take Shih Tzu with us, either.

We arrived after noon, and within a few minutes, Hubbie's sister picked us up and took us to a buffet restaurant, where we met his other sister for lunch. I had steamed fish and veggies, plus a salad. Instead of fruit for dessert, though, I had a small helping of soft serve ice cream, and a tiny portion of chocolate cake.

After lunch, Hubbie's other sister dropped us off at the RV repair shop, and we pulled the camper to the parking lot of a clothing store, where I found a periwinkle sweater at 70% off, and an off-white turtleneck shirt at 90% off.

From there, we went to the warehouse discount store for several grocery items, as well as a stack of recordable CDs.

Then we stopped by Hubbie's daughter's house to pick up the chain saw her family borrowed during the February ice storm. We only stayed for a few minutes, though, since we were anxious to get back to Mother and Shih Tzu.

The day was sunny, with a temp in the mid-60s by the time we headed home. But evidence of yesterday's downpours was in mud-sodden, water-puddled, fields along the way. Horses, grazing in newly green pastures, didn't seem to mind the soggy ground, though.

We got back home around 6:30 p.m. We weren't hungry for supper until around 7:30, when we had PB&J sandwiches, and grapes for dessert. After that, we watched a few one-hour shows on TV.

0 comments: