Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thursday, April 2

As anticipated, we weren't able to take the camper to the repair shop today, due to thunderstorms. Predictions are for a sunny day tomorrow, so Hubbie called the shop this morning and arranged for us to be over there at 1 p.m. This will allow me to go to water aerobics before we have to leave home.



I got a treadmill session in this morning after breakfast, though, and once I was ready for the day, Hubbie and I ran errands...to a grocery store to get on-sale apples (one of the ladies at water aerobics recommended them, saying they were sweet and crisp), and then to the WDCS for a few items, including recordable CDs. I'm in the process of putting my photo files on CD in case the current nasty virus hits computers.



I ate only fruit and hot tea for lunch, since I planned to weigh in at Weight Watchers tonight. After lunch, I spent a couple of hours getting snapshot files on CDs. I used all the CDs I bought today and need more. So I'll see if the warehouse store we'll visit in another town tomorrow when we take the camper over there has some. I'm sure they do, though probably in bulk, which is fine since I need lots of them. Today, I managed to get most of the family photos backed up. But I'd like to get vacation and garden photos saved, too. I should have my hands slapped for not saving photos as I took them...I will from now on, though. I've learned my lesson.



At 3 p.m., my tummy was grumbling, but it had to wait until after 5 p.m.. Around 4 p.m., I put together chicken noodle soup, using the broth and some of the chicken boiled yesterday. At 4:30, Mother and I went to Weight Watchers, where the scale revealed that I lost one pound, and Mother gained one. Since we weighed this early in the month, we aren't obligated to step on the Weight Watchers scale again until the end of May.

We were plenty ready for supper when we got back, and on this cloudy-cool evening the steaming chicken noodle soup hit the spot, served with pimento cheese sandwiches.

During our quiet hour after supper, Hubbie read his novel, and I pressed clothes, some of which are for the Texas trip. In choosing what I'll take on the trip, I looked for a favorite brown shell to wear under long-sleeved blouses or jackets, but I couldn't find it. I went through everything in my closet...three times. Not there. Could it be in the the laundry hamper? I didn't think so, but it couldn't hurt to check. Nope, not there. Discouraged and puzzled, I finally gave up the search and vowed to look for it again tomorrow. Then as I was passing a mirror I noticed that, lo and behold, I was wearing it! I'd worn it over a pair of very lightweight cotton capris for weigh-in at Weight Watchers.

Later, we watched "Final Draft," as yet unrated, but should probably be an "R" for language and violence. The plot revolves around a guy, played by James Van Der Beek, who has an 18-day deadline to write a screenplay, and has a friend lock him in his room until he meets that deadline. But the line between fiction and reality blurs, with deadly consequences, as he becomes stir crazy and begins hearing and seeing people from his past (including a terrifying bat-wielding clown) who become characters in his script.

0 comments: