Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Wednesday, April 1

April Fool's Day has come and almost gone, without incident so far. Around here, it's a notable day, because a granddaughter-in-law, and Shih Tzu, share a birthday. We celebrated Shih Tzu's birthday this evening with a boiled chicken dinner (Shih Tzu's favorite), and pineapple upside down cake (Hubbie's favorite). As usual, we put candles on the cake (the number 15), and we all donned party hats for snapshots. Shih Tzu patiently puts up with this foolishness, but is glad when it's over.

We were up at 6 a.m. this morning, so that we could be ready for me to drop Hubbie off at a Master Gardener's house at 7:30 to help with a plant dig, and I could get to the college pool for water aerobics before 8 a.m. Fortunately, I slept well last night, so I felt rested at that early hour.

After I got home and ready for the day, around 10:30 a.m., I called Hubbie, who said he was ready to be picked up. At home, there was a voice mail on the home phone from the photo editor of the regional newspaper I freelance for. I returned his call, leaving a voice mail for him. He never returned the call, so he must have engaged another photographer for the assignment.

Other than washing several winter sweaters, I didn't accomplish much before lunch. For lunch, Hubbie and I had chef's salads, and Mother had a grilled cheese sandwich. After lunch, Mother relaxed and dozed in the living room, while Hubbie read his novel, and I read the April issue of Smithsonian magazine. There were several interesting articles this month...about the outlaws Bonnie and Clyde, the writer, Eudora Welty, and the explorers Cook vs. Peary, and the debate about which one (or if either one) reached the North Pole.

After supper and the "birthday party," Hubbie spent our quiet hour reading, while I backed up my photo files onto CDs. Later, we watched favorite one-hour shows.

Today started crisp...there was even frost on the windshield that Hubbie had to scrape off, but later it was gorgeous and sunny, with temps in the high 60s. Predictions are for rain tomorrow, though, so we don't know if we'll be taking the camper for repairs to the electric lift or not. If we can't take it tomorrow, we'll do it Friday, when it's supposed to be sunny again.

The reason we couldn't take it in foul weather is that the repair shop is full, with no room to pull the camper inside, and the repairman doesn't want to do the work outdoors in the rain.

0 comments: