Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wednesday, May 20

I woke up this morning with a familiar infection that I knew needed a doctor's attention. So I called for an appointment at 8 a.m., and was scheduled for 9:15. Therefore, I didn't have time to get on the treadmill, but I didn't feel much like exercising, anyway.

By the time I got out of the doctor's office and sat around the pharmacy for 30 minutes waiting for an antibiotic prescription to be filled, it was nearly 11 a.m. before I got back home. I didn't accomplish anything before lunch other then unsuccessfully trying to contact the scrapbook club members to remind them of our meeting tomorrow afternoon.

First, though, I called the Extension Services office to make sure the conference room is available, and learned that a group of ladies will be decorating the area for an Extension Homemakers potluck luncheon Friday. They want to begin decorating at 2 p.m., but our meeting is from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. So I needed to see if the scrapbook ladies would agree to meet earlier, around noon, or perhaps come to my house. The only other option is to cancel the meeting again this month.

I checked the eagle nest before lunch, and found the baby sitting up and busily grooming himself. Later, the mother flew away, but she soon returned to her post, where the baby was snoozing peacefully in the shade of the tree trunk.

After lunch, I continued trying to contact scrapbook club members, to no avail. If I can't reach them by later this evening, then I'll try in the morning.

The antibiotic I'm taking makes me drowsy, so I didn't do much during the afternoon beyond trying to read the book written by our retired professor friend. But thanks to the medication, I kept nodding off. Still, I managed to get 60 pages into the 172-page novel.

While I was at the doctor's office this morning, Mother came over and boiled potatoes to use in making beef hash for supper tonight. When I got back home, she was out working in her raised veggie garden. Hubbie spent time in the yard, too, despite being in the throes of a head cold that started Monday. I hope Mother and I don't catch his cold just in time for the camping trip next week!

After supper, we turned off the TV and we each read novels...I continued with the one I began this afternoon. Then we watched several TV shows. A last check on the eagles showed that the mother was still guarding the nest. She appeared to be looking longingly out over the trees and lake, though in reality, she was probably just being vigilant.

0 comments: