Sunday, June 14, 2009

Saturday, June 13

I started Saturday as I do most days, with a treadmill session after breakfast. Mother came over while I was getting ready for the day and sorted through cardstock for making scrapbook pages at a meeting next Thursday.

While she was doing that, I ran to town...to the store that has a sale every weekend to try on swimsuits. It was fortunate that I waited until today to shop for the suits, because the store had added another discount to them, as part of a promotional sale from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. I found a suit that I like and got it at a deep discount, when I applied a $10 coupon to it. The coupon was good on a purchase of $25 or more.

From there, I went to the WDCS for an item, and then to the little dress shop where I saw the cotton blouse yesterday. Today, I tried it on and bought it.

I got back home around noon. Mother had cooked turkey bacon in the microwave, and sliced tomatoes and Vidalia onions. We added lettuce from the garden to make BLT's on toast, with cottage cheese on the side.

After lunch, Mother and I chose photos and cardstock for scrapbook pages. Getting photos and papers organized takes quite a while. It's the biggest part of the job of scrapbooking, but to do it ahead sure saves time at the meetings. After we finished, we cleared our materials away, because we need to start getting the house in order for a birthday gathering in Hubbie's honor next weekend.

For supper, I fixed bagel pizzas, which we had with microwaveable baked potatoes, and salad. After that, Hubbie went out to work in the yard for a while, and I did this and that, including a few loads of laundry.

We really had a severe thunderstorm during the night that knocked out the power for a while, and blew small limbs off the trees. We got three inches of rain in the storm. Even Shih Tzu, who is practically deaf, was distressed by the storm.

0 comments: