Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tuesday, August 25

Finally, I slept well last night and late this morning, not getting up until nearly 8 a.m. After breakfast, I got on the treadmill and did weights exercises. It was pretty late by the time I was ready for the day, so I didn't accomplish much beyond doing a few tasks around the house.

Mother came over about 11 a.m., and we fixed turkey bacon, tomato, lettuce, Vidalia onion sandwiches for a noon lunch. After lunch, Hubbie and I did the usual...running errands. We stopped at the bank first, then went to a couple of grocery stores to pick up canned goods on sale at one, and to get cottage cheese at the other. We'd picked up cottage cheese yesterday, but unfortunately, when Hubbie brought in the groceries yesterday, he failed to retrieve the cottage cheese from the hot/cold bag in the van. So when he brought the carton in today, it was unusable, of course. However, the cats ate it like it was a treat.

From the grocery store, we went to the new department store to exchange a pair of slacks Mother had bought there. The slacks were too snug, she said, and she wanted a size larger. Then we went to the WDCS for a few items, including picking up a photo mug for Mother for Christmas. It features her cat and cat's name on it. I'd ordered this same mug earlier, but was dissatified with it.

We stopped by another variety store for a couple of things before returning home, and then didn't accomplish much else for the afternoon. Mother started a pot of chicken stewing while we were gone, and we had boiled chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, and whole kernel corn for supper.

Later, Hubbie and I went for a walk, across the highway and down another paved road this time. This is a residential area, with both old and new homes. Many of the homes included dogs that barked at us as we walked by, but did not approach. I guess they thought their duty was adequately discharged by simply sounding an alert.

Back home, we watched a Masterpiece Mystery that I recorded from the public channel. During the evening, I had a wonderful long talk with Niece, who caught me up to date on her own and her children's very busy lives. The reason for tonight's call was that Great-Nephew was conducting a survey for a class project, in which he was to interview 50 people about their soft drink preferences. I gave him my preference, as well as Hubbie's and Mother's.

0 comments: