Monday, October 19, 2009

Branson Trip, Day One

Monday, Oct. 12:

We were up early this morning to get ready by around 9 a.m. to travel to Branson. It was an overcast day, with powder puffs clouds tucked into the tree tops. Mist hovered over a lake near our state's border. Along the way, a pasture of buffalo grazed.

We stopped briefly for lunch, and then we arrived at the campground around mid-afternoon. After the camper was set up, Hubbie and I toured Branson to check out where the show theaters were located. We also visited a winery that was new to us. The winery offered free tastings, and we bought several bottles of a favorite sweet variety.

On the way back to camp, we noticed that the gates at Tablerock Dam were open, so we swung down by the fish hatchery to get a better look. It was really an awesome sight, so when we got back to camp, I grabbed my camera, and Mother joined us to go back to the dam for snapshots (see previous blog).

Funny: earlier, while Hubbie and I were at the dam, a swarm of gnats flew above Hubbie's head. It was hilarious to watch as the swarm bobbed this way and that as Hubbie moved and tilted his head, and stayed right with him as he walked around. I wish I'd had a video camera...I'd have sent this one to America's Funniest Home Videos.

Back at camp, we had a supper of leftover pork roast and accompaniments for supper, and then played several games of Skipbo. I won three games, Hubbie won two, and Mother (boo) won none.

0 comments: