Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thursday, October 22

Skipped my exercises this morning, so I could do last-minute stuff related to the scrapbook club meeting this afternoon.

What a rainy, miserable day...wet, wet, wet! I was afraid that the weather would keep the ladies from coming, but the first one arrived early, around 12:30 p.m. We had a nice visit and then began our screen door greeting card project. The other lady was about 30 minutes late, but she was able to complete her project in the allotted time, anyway.

We had hoped Sis would be here for a few day's visit, and would be able to join us in the project, but she is having vehicle problems, so she might need to postpone her trip up here.

The first lady who arrived left at 3 p.m., our usual club stop time. The other lady stayed until around 4 p.m. She had brought a big basket of Christmas stamps, plus inks and washable markers, but we didn't have time to use them. So she left them here for Mother and I to use next week.

After that lady left, Hubbie and I went to the WDCS to pick up a few groceries, particularly slaw mix to use with barbecue sandwiches at supper. Besides the sandwiches, we had microwave baked potatoes, and leftover blackeyed peas.

While we were working on the greeting cards, Hubbie went to the nearby town where we got the TV to exchange the HD cable. He had called ahead to make sure the store had the appropriate cable in stock, and was assured that it did. But lo, when he got there, the right cord was not in stock. So the clerk ordered one, which will be available in a couple of days.

Now, though, we have another annoying problem...when we access the on-screen guide, or the list of DVR recordings, it just whips through the list and won't stop where we want it to. I don't know if the problem is with the cable box, or the remote. Guess Hubbie will be making another trip to the cable company office.

3 comments:

Ann crum said...

I was sure hoping to make it up there! The truck is still not fixed, though. I really wanted to try my hand at the screen door greeting cards. Boo.

Sixty Something said...

Well, you can do the screen door greeting cards another time when you are here. Are you planning to come up Thanksgiving weekend? If so, maybe you could do one then. With your truck out of commission, how are you getting to work? Does it look like you'll be able to get the truck fixed at all?

Ann crum said...

I will only have a couple of days off Thanksgiving, but I'll be coming up there Wed. and Thurs. I am using Brandon's "other" truck to go to work. My truck still isn't fixed but I'm hoping it will be finished by about Monday.