Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Tuesday, October 20

Slept late, but got on the treadmill anyway, and then did weights exercises. Once I was ready for the day, Mother and I gathered the stuff we'll need to show the ladies how to make screen door greeting cards Thursday. I cut several pieces of screening for the cards, then made door templates, and printed several copies of the instructions, etc.

Didn't do much after lunch. About 2:15, we left to go to our friend's house. This friend had called and left a message while we were in Branson that she was cleaning closets and had some bags of craft materials to give to Mother. There are things that we might not want, but we can contribute them to fundraising yard sales.

We enjoyed the visit. Our hostess, though, insisted on serving coffee and peach turnovers, which I really didn't need, but I also didn't want to hurt her feelings by refusing to eat one. The coffee must have been caffeinated, because I had trouble falling asleep last night, and was still wide awake at 2 a.m.

We didn't leave our friend's house until 4:30 p.m. We'd planned a simple meal of baked tilapia fish, brown rice (pre-cooked during the afternoon in the rice cooker), and frozen mixed veggies, cooked in the microwave. Hubbie was hungry by the time supper was ready at 5:30, but the edge was off Mother's and my appetite, after eating the turnovers.

While we were at our friend's house, Hubbie called the vet to make an appointment to get Mama Cat spayed tomorrow. He gathered her up and took her to the vet's office this evening, so she'd be there and ready for surgery first thing in the morning. This cat has presented us with three litters of varying sizes in the past year, so we will be glad to have done with her prolific ways. Of course, now we'll have to see how many hussies are among her female offspring.

As Mother was leaving our house after supper, she spotted a big, black, woolly worm on the front porch. She called me to go see it, and then she kept the kittens away from it while I ran back inside and grabbed my camera.

Those kittens sure did want to get a hold of the critter, but I saw no use in them worrying it to death, since I knew they wouldn't eat it, anyway. So I called Hubbie to come out, rescue the poor thing, and take it out to one of the gardens.

0 comments: