Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wednesday, October 28

Had trouble going to sleep last night, and the last time I checked the clock before drifting off it was 4 a.m. So I got two and half hours sleep before the alarm rang. I dragged myself out of bed to get ready to go to water aerobics, though I was mighty tempted to sleep in.

The day was cloudy and drizzly again, though the temp was fairly mild. The damp, mild weather created wisps of fog, like Indian smoke signals, to rise among the trees on the hill leading up to the college pool. By the side of the winding road, a groundhog sat upright, surveying his territory, seemingly oblivious to the miserable weather. The overcast sky muted the red, orange, yellow, and rust colored leaves on the trees. A sheen of moisture lay over all the vegetation. Plants drooped, waterlogged after endless days of rain.

Only 19 of us showed up for aerobics. I guess the dismal day discouraged a lot of the ladies. The water temp was tolerable, though, and I enjoyed it. The main talk, of course, was of the rain, rain, rain. We were all disappointed that weather predictions for a sunny day today didn't materialize, before another front passes through, from which we can expect several more inches of rain over the next two or three days.

Back home, after I was ready for the day, I chose a lightweight outfit, cleaned my athletic shoes, and typed a list of my medications and vitamins, in anticipation of meeting a 3 p.m. appointment with my cardiologist this afternoon.

I thought the doctor was going to order a treadmill stress test today, but she did not. I'm glad, since I was groggy after my sleepless night. She asked me a lot of questions, and examined me, and when she was satisfied that I'm doing well, she suggested we do the stress test later. We agreed that January would be fine. A nurse will call me that month to set a definite date. Meanwhile, she wrote a prescription to my family physician for bloodwork to make sure my liver isn't being compromised by the new cholesterol medicine I'm taking (because our insurance company insisted on a generic brand over the brand name I had been taking).

I was home by 3:30, but didn't accomplish much the rest of the afternoon beyond calling my family doctor to get an appointment for the bloodwork. I had to leave a voice mail with the docor's nurse, of course. Hopefully, she'll get back with me tomorrow.

We had a veggie supper...baked potatoes, boiled turnips, baked butternut squash, and beans. It hit the spot. Spent the evening watching TV, as usual...several one-hour shows that I'd recorded on DVR.

0 comments: