Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thursday, November 5

We were up early, so I could meet an 8:45 a.m. appointment to get blood work done. I arrived at the clinic at 8:30, but didn't have to wait, so I was back home before 9 a.m. Hubbie and I decided to go out for breakfast at a buffet restaurant, and then skip lunch.

From the restaurant, we went to a grocery store to buy three heads of cabbage at 39 cents a pound, and then on to the WDCS, where I chose a new pair of eyeglasses. The prescription lenses for them will be ready next Friday. I would not have had to change my glasses, since my eyesight is virtually the same as it was ten years ago, but my current, rimless, glasses are falling apart. Today, I chose a pair with gold wire frames that blend with my hair color. I'm told these wire frames are more sturdy than the rimless type. My old glasses are nearly five years old, so I guess it was time for a change, anyway. But prescription glasses are a bit pricey, so I'm not willing to buy them very often.

Back home, I did this and that around the house until time to fix supper. Mother stayed home all day today, so I fixed a simple supper for Hubbie and me....hamburger for him and turkey burger for me. We had those with grape tomatoes and cottage cheese. I meant to have baked potatoes with the meal, but after scrubbing the spuds, I forgot to put them in the oven at the appropriate time, so they weren't done by suppertime. We weren't destined to have them, I don't think, since Hubbie picked up full-fat sour cream, instead of the light variety, while we were at the WDCS today. Oh well, we had plenty to eat without the potatoes, and we can use them with some other meal.

After supper, I hurried to dress in a sweater and slacks to go to a performance of "Aladdin" at 7 p.m. We were obliged to be there at 6 p.m., since Hubbie and I acted as ushers. The show is a collaboration between the community theater and an arts magnet school. The play was cute, though there were too many lengthy lags for set and costume changes.

We were back home on this chilly night about 8:30, and watched a couple of one-hour TV shows before calling it a day.

0 comments: