Friday, November 6, 2009

Thursday, November 6

We were up early, so I could go to water aerobics on this beautiful, sunny day. It was a little cool this morning, but there was no wind, so the stroll to the gym was pleasant. The pool was warm, too. Only eleven of us showed up, though. We are worried that if more do not attend, the college may cancel our privileges there.

Back home, once I was ready for the day, Mother came over, but we didn't accomplish a lot. I made a couple of phone calls, particularly one to our favorite electronics store, where we got our TV. The store was to replace our HD cable, but has had problems getting one. Today, the owner of the store said he was going to give us a longer, more expensive cable to replace the other one.

I was also interested in finding out if I needed to upgrade the anti-virus on my laptop, or just renew the one I have (it is about to expire), and he said he had one like the one I currently have at about $10 less than the online renewal one. So I agreed that we would go pick up both the cable and the anti-virus this afternoon.

After lunch, we went to the fairgrounds, where the county Extension Homemakers are sponsoring a craft fair today and tomorrow. There were a lot of new crafts at the fair this year, but all I bought was two bars of homemade soap and two pint jars of preserves...cherry and pineapple. The preserves were only $3.50 each, which was a bargain.

Mother and I were interested in a new craft at the fair...lighted wine bottles. The bottles, with motifs painted on the outside, contained mini white Christmas lights. Clusters of plastic grapes, or Christmas decorations hung from the necks of the bottles. I think we would be able to do this according to online instructions.

After we were done shopping at the craft fair, we went to the electronics store in a nearby town to pick up the HD cable and anti-virus package, and then came back home. We weren't home long, when Hubbie and I decided we needed to run errands...to the greeting card shop and the WDCS. The gas station was our last stop before returning home.

Supper tonight was baked talapia fish, baked sweet potatoes, and corn-on-the-cob, after which we spent the evening watching TV.

0 comments: