Saturday, January 30, 2010

Saturday, January 30

Only two days of snow and already we have cabin fever. We got up around 7:30 this morning, after a restless night. I skipped my exercises in favor of dressing to go outside and shoot photos of the snow (see previous blogs). After trudging around our almost two acres of yard through seven inches of snow to get pictures both this morning and after lunch, I feel like I got my exercise for the day.

Before I went out this morning, Hubbie made a bare spot in the driveway by shoveling some snow away so Shih Tzu could more comfortably do her business. The snow is light and fluffy, so it wasn't hard to shovel. I could have done it myself, but Hubbie would hear none of it. He can be determined sometimes. Last night, I scraped a place for Shih Tzu by kicking it away with my shoes as I was holding her hefty self in my arms.

Shih Tzu isn't liking the whole thing, though, since she likes to range far and wide finding just the right spot for her business. But since she kept running into walls of snow as she navigated the small, cleared area, she finally gave in and squatted.

I didn't do much today other than shooting pictures and modifying them online.

For lunch, we had the rest of the potato soup, with slices of bread and peanut butter, and fresh fruit. I wasn't sure what I wanted to fix for supper. Our original plan was bagel pizzas, but since Mother couldn't come over today, I opted to save that meal for next week. So it was a toss-up between egg omelets and whole wheat pancakes. The pancakes won.

We were disappointed to learn last night that our favorite college basketball team would not be playing today due to the weather. The game, which would have been televised this afternoon, is postponed to 6 p.m. tomorrow evening, and will not be televised. So we'll have to listen to it on radio. Of course, we wouldn't have wanted either team traveling on ice and snow.

This evening we did the usual...watched TV. We didn't bother with a movie tonight. Just watched one-hour shows.

0 comments: