Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thursday, January 28

We slept a little later this morning, until 7 a.m. After breakfast, I did a treadmill session and resistance exercises. I was anxious to get back to exercising after missing two days of water aerobics and a couple of days on the treadmill these past four days.

Once I was ready for the day, I spruced the upstairs bedroom and bathroom, in anticipation of a visit from the pest control guy. We'd gotten a message on our land line yesterday that the service was to be here today, though no time was given. Luckily, I was able to finish my chores before the pest control guy arrived, but I really don't like not knowing what time service people are to come.

Later, Hubbie and I had a sandwich lunch before I took Mother for an ophthalmologist appointment to be fitted for new eyeglasses. Before we went to the ophthalmologist's office, we stopped by a grocery store to pick up a couple of cartons of cottage cheese.

About 2 p.m., we left the doctor's office and headed to the WDCS, so Mother could choose eyeglass frames. She found a pair that are very much like her old ones. I thought she might want an updated look, but she felt more comfortable in a pair like her old ones. The prescription lenses will be ready about next Thursday. Mother will be very glad to get her new glasses, so she can see to read and do close work.

While I was at the store, I picked up a set of fleece wear for Hubbie. Tuesday, the hospital staff asked that Hubbie wear either a fleece outfit or a wind suit, for comfort after his surgery. The only thing is, the fleece wear has been picked over at this time of the year, and there are limited sizes and colors. So we bought a brown pair of pants and a burgundy shirt Tuesday, and today I bought another pair of brown pants and a gray shirt...the only colors in Hubbie's size. Good thing he's only going to wear these around the house.

We got back home around 3:30 p.m. Mother went home, taking a helping of potato soup and multi-grain bread for her supper tomorrow night, since she doesn't expect to be able to leave her house following a predicted severe ice and snowstorm Friday.

About 4 p.m., I put baking potatoes in the oven for Hubbie's and my supper. It was 5:30 before they were done. We had these with pork barbecue on whole wheat hamburger buns, cole slaw, and leftover steamed veggies.

Later, Hubbie and I watched our favorite college basketball team play to a come-from-behind win. Yay!


Aggravation: at the WDCS, I spied a handicapped parking space, and was about to drive into it when two guys in a honking big truck whipped into it from the other direction. So I was forced to park several spaces away, causing Mother to have to walk farther to the store. Shame on those hulking, camouflage-clad, guys.

0 comments: