Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tuesday, March 23

What a gorgeous day! Spring at its best.

Slept late, then did a treadmill session and resistance exercises. While I was doing this, Hubbie went to a Master Gardeners house to dig plants for the upcoming fundraising plant sale. Mother came over and made ham salad to make sandwiches with tomorrow for a brown-bag-lunch FilmFest event at the museum.

Once I was ready for the day, I did this and that around the house until 11 a.m., when I met an appointment to get my hair cut.

Back home, Mother and I cleared away our scrapbooking/greeting card making materials, since we won't have time to work on them the rest of this week. Then we dug out all the leftovers from the past few days for a bottom-of-the-refrigerator lunch.

After lunch, Hubbie went out to work in the yard, Mother worked puzzles, and I read a John Grisham book..."Ford County," a series of short stories. The book was loaned to me by one of the members of water aerobics before Christmas. Hubbie started reading it right away, but then tucked it in a drawer during the holidays, and forgot about it. I just remembered it yesterday. Now, I'm determined to get it read in the next couple of days.

The lady to whom the book belongs said it is one of Grisham's worst. Certainly, it is a departure from his previous popular works, but I think the book's straitlaced 80-year-old owner just can't appreciate some of the story situations and low-life characters....death row, a bunch of guys on a mission to donate blood who get drunk and sidetracked in a strip joint that includes lap dancing, and a failure of a lawyer who is also a failure of a husband and father. So far, those are the only stories I've read.

Still, the lady wants the book back, so she can pass on to a friend of hers who collects Grisham novels. So I'll read it as quickly as possible and get it back to her, with my apologies for being so delinquent.

Supper tonight was corn chowder and bran muffins. Mother went home after that, and Hubbie and I watched an episode of "Dancing with the Stars," that I recorded on DVR last night. We followed this with an episode of NCIS, followed by a women's college tournament basketball game, featuring a team from our state. Unfortunately, they lost.

0 comments: