Friday, April 9, 2010

Friday, April 9

We were up at 6:30 a.m., so I could get ready to go to water aerobics. The pool was still very cool, so when the maintenance guy came by to check it, I asked what the temperature was. He said it was 82 degrees...pretty chilly for older women. We do reasonably well in 84 degrees, but 82 is pretty chilly.

Back home, once I was ready for the day, I uploaded photos to Blogger, and did other things on the computer. While I was doing that, Hubbie visited his dentist to get that cap fixed. Then he and Mother went to the farmer's cooperative store to get onion sets and lettuce for the raised bed veggie garden.

They returned home around noon. I had cooked a little more spaghetti to add to some that was leftover, plus sauce, for lunch. After lunch, we all went back to the farmer's cooperative to shop for tomato and pepper plants. We bought pepper plants, but Mother didn't like the choices of tomato plants. So we went to a farm store downtown, where Mother found tomato plants that she wanted. From there, we went to a home improvement store to shop for herb plants. While we were there, I picked up three large totes to use in storing photography paraphernalia.

We dropped Mother off at home, and then Hubbie and I went to the school where I'll be teaching photography, to meet with my contact there, check out the maintenance closet that will be converted to a darkroom, and tour the playground that we'll use for photo safaris. The maintenance closet is small, but adequate for setting up a darkroom, and there is a sink in it, as well as an electrical outlet.

The classrooms are down the hall from the closet...a bit distant, but not unmanageable. I met all the teachers, who are young and very pleasant. They are enthusiastic about the session, which fits perfectly with their study units on light.

On the way back from the school, we saw three or four deer in a field where we frequently see them.

At home, Mother had prepared a supper of egg gravy and toast, with hash browns. She went home after that, and Hubbie and I went to the WDCS to shop for groceries. On the way home, we looked for the deer in the field. They weren't there. Instead, there were several wild turkeys. Neat.

We were back home about 7:30, finally ready to relax and watch TV.

0 comments: