Thursday, June 24, 2010

Thursday, June 24

Up at 7:30 this morning and did a treadmill session and resistance exercises after breakfast.

Once I was ready for the day, I made spice bars. I made the bars in order to use a carton of cottage cheese that had gone south. With a blender, I whipped the cottage cheese to sour cream consistency, and added it along with applesauce, egg substitute, and white and brown sugar substitutes to flour, spices and chopped walnuts. Turned out pretty good. Both Hubbie and Mother commented that they are tasty. I prefer brownies, but the spice bars are okay.

After I made the spice bars, I walked Mother over to our house. Hubbie did the honors of making grilled cheese sandwiches for our lunch. Mother ate half a sandwich and a few fresh plums.

At 1 p.m., I met my haircut appointment. Back home, while Mother rested, I ironed clothes. Around 3 p.m., there came a thunderstorm, providing much needed rain and bringing cooler temps. Felt wonderful after the near 100 degree temps of the past several days.

Mother was ready to go back home after the rain, so I accompanied her. She's still walking very slowly, and isn't as steady on her legs as I'd like, but she's not experiencing the dizziness she had a few days ago.

Later, as I was preparing supper, Hubbie noticed that the refrigerator light wasn't working. Drat, the 19-year-old fridge was dead. Which meant we had to unload it and put the food in other refrigerators...an extra one in a storeroom, one at Mother's house, and one in the camper.

After supper, Hubbie and I went to a home improvement store to look at refrigerators. Nothing really suited us, so we'll continue our hunt tomorrow.

Later, we relaxed in front of TV. Tonight, we watched a DVD titled, "The Adventures of Milo and Otis," a 1989 film, rated "G." The film follows a mischievous cat and his friend, a pug dog, as they wander far from home and meet lots of animals. Narrated by Dudley Moore. Picked this movie up at the WDCS for $5, because Hubbie's sister recommended it as being cute. It is a Japanese made film, and there have been allegations that animals were abused in the making of it, since some believe that certain scenes could not have been made without abuse, but those allegations were never proven. I have to admit, there were times in the movie when I wondered.

0 comments: