Friday, August 27, 2010

Friday, August 27

Up at 6:30 to get ready to go to water aerobics. The pool felt great today, and aerobics was invigorating. I'm not a morning person, but I sure feel great after I've exercised in the pool.

Back home, once I was ready for the day, I went to the photo contest site online and spent the rest of the morning voting for my favorite snapshots. My own images have so far garnered nearly 300 votes...probably not enough to get me into the book, since I was so late submitting my work and there are only three days left for voting...but I've enjoyed the positive feedback from other photographers. My email box is filling up with comments.

After lunch, Hubbie and I ran errands. Our first run was to another town to buy beer for a stew recipe, but Hubbie somehow took the wrong road, which he didn't discover for several miles. Then we had to backtrack several miles and then travel another few miles to reach the store we wanted to visit.

From there, we went to the WDCS for groceries. While we were there, we looked through clearance items. We didn't find much that we wanted except some large plastic totes on sale for $2 each, and some photo mats for ten cents each. Bought all they had, which was less than a dollar's worth.

Back home, Mother wondered if we'd bought out the town, and laughed when we told her what really took us so long.

I continued voting for photos until suppertime. For supper, we had baked salmon, macaroni and cheese, and Chinese beets. After supper, it was back to the photos.

Around 6:30, we decided to go downtown to see the movie "Eclipse," third in the Twilight Saga series, but we could see by the number of cars parked on both sides of the street that we would have difficulty finding a decent seat. So we decided to abandon the idea. Maybe we'll try again tomorrow night.

0 comments: